Cultivating an atmosphere where arts and culture thrive.
Twin Rivers Council for the Arts raises the profile of arts in the Greater Mankato area by acting as a united, collaborative voice. As an arts and culture tourism hub, Twin Rivers provides innovative programming and professional development opportunities, and connects people to the arts through advocacy, education and community development.
WHAT WE DO
Connect people to the arts.
Twin Rivers is the place people turn to for arts information.
- Provide access to information on area arts organizations and activities through our website and at our office in the Emy Frentz Arts Guild.
- Facilitate call for art opportunities for Minnesota artists.
- Coordinate an arts and culture events calendar.
Act as a collaborative voice for the arts.
Twin Rivers supports the viability, growth, and awareness of regional arts and culture.
- Generate a high level of awareness and excitement about the arts throughout southern Minnesota.
- Lead planning efforts to ensure that the arts agenda is represented throughout community development and decision-making.
- Advocating the benefits of the arts to regional economic development.
Build community through the arts.
Twin Rivers fosters connections between nonprofit arts and culture groups, individual artists, arts-related businesses, academic institutions, business and government.
- Create networking opportunities among artists and arts organizations.
- Support economic growth and vitality by developing the region into an arts and culture tourism destination.
- Improve the livability of Greater Mankato through arts and culture initiatives.